In only 12 hours, Chris Evans has become a matinee idol.
Evans’ new film, “Captain America: The First Avenger,” opened Friday at 12 a.m. in 2,000 theaters and has already taken in $4 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
That’s the most money earned by a superhero flick for a midnight opening this summer, leading experts to predict that the film will take in somewhere between $55 and $65 million this weekend alone.
The movie’s success isn’t too surprising, considering the Daily News’ own review called it a “muscular, red-blooded adventure with heart.”
- Box Office: ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’ delivers a heroic $65.8 million debut
- ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2′ Breaks Midnight Screening Record
- ‘Captain America’ beats ‘Potter’ at box office
- ‘Captain America’ Gives Us His Workout Regimen (VIDEO)
- ‘Captain America’ Knocks Harry From No. 1 Spot